Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

Words of Sort of Wisdom

I know. I didn’t post anything this weekend because weekends are for me to spend time with my son and not typing a long ass rant.

This is going to be about me. The wonderful author of this blog and the type of person I am. I am 41 years old, divorced, and a single father. I see the best and the worst that people can do to each other. I learned that a positive frame of mind goes far as does treating people with a certain level of respect. I offer help to perfect strangers whether it be on the ‘Net or on the street because it makes me feel good. I don’t expect anything from them because I already got it by feeling useful. I believe in a code of honor that is personal to me. I tend to introspective. I just realize this looks like one of those date site things. Ok. Getting to the meat of this rant:

Principles, you must have them or you will never be true to yourself. I am not talking about those principles that we all should have towards each other like respect and such. I am talking about those principles that makes you who you are. In other words be true to yourself.

When you are young, you just want to do everything to succeed at what you’re doing. Sometimes you are willing to make compromises to achieve that goal, but you still have to be true to who you are as a person. For example, I don’t like being lied to by anyone. I really don’t care who you are or what you do. It just sets me off as person. If I can understand why you lied, I won’t be as angry. That is just me. Don’t let yourself be used by anyone by them lying to you.

Don’t let fear prevent you being who you are as person. I learned this one the hard way. I will rarely talk about my marriage, but I am going to this once. One of the reason for its failure, I was afraid of losing my wife. I became something that disgusted me and acted like, lack of a better word, a pussy. That fear cause me to lose who I was person and became something that I am not at all. You have to have the strength to be true to who you are and be happy that you are that person. You will end up looking in the mirror one day and hating that person if you don’t take that little piece of advice.

Don’t get discouraged by mistakes. Think about it for just one minute. You learn more from your failures than you successes. No one is perfect. We should always learn something new every day about ourselves because that is one of the challenges in this life; to be a better you than you were yesterday. If you don’t, you are doomed to repeat mistakes over and over again.

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness or failure; it is a sign of strength. That is another one of my many failings as a person. I don’t like to ask for help if I am in trouble. I will fight and try to do it all on my own first. I will end up totally exhausted and emotionally spent before I ask for help. Six months after my marriage fell apart for good; I was living on my own and was robbed. My rent money was stolen and had no money saved to cover it. I was evicted and hours away from being homeless. I sat at work and trying to think of way out. My boss came in and saw was going on; this is what he said,” Why did you ask me for help you dumbass? I will loan you the money to get into a hotel until you get on your feet again.” Yep, I was lucky that he cared enough to offer to help me because I would have never asked for it because of pride.

I am not saying that I have all the answers for life and how to live. I am saying that life is a learning journey and must be taken with humor. You need to laugh at your short comings that happen. You need to laugh at your mistakes. You need to go to bed at night knowing that you can laugh at these things because that is how you find the solutions to these problems that come up in life. I am not saying not to be serious about them, but you need to take them on with a clear head without panicking.

Lastly, follow your dreams. I tell this to my son all the time. Let no one stand in your way of dreams and that includes me. My life would be different if I didn’t listen or was pressured to follow my father’s dream for me. You can’t live someone else’s dream. Don’t end up 41 going what if all the time. Live and fight for your dreams never give up on your dream. That is how they come true by sheer strength of will.

That’s it. A little perspective rant and I hope it makes you think about life. God bless you all and go with peace.

1 comments:

TSChamp said...

Clarification, this isn't about comic books. People really need to get over themselves.